The First Annual Recumbent/Velomobile Race at the Hotter’n Hell 100 in Wichita Falls, TX
Saturday, August 28, 2021
6:45 AM race start
Rolling Enclosure / Marshaled Corners
Hello — I’m Doug Davis, and today I’m going to make history. I’m putting up $1000 of my own money to show how fast Recumbents can be. I’ll put it up, but I won’t give it up without a fight. So, if you are “smart enough, quick enough, and lucky enough” you can win my money
This is a USA CYCLING Race-MODIFIED USCF RULES WILL APPLY
Preliminary Rules below — See this website for details
This is the 100 mile race course which the Hottern Hell 100 has used for its USA Cycling /USCF events in the past.
it is a first across the finish line race
USCF/USA CYCLING rules are modified as follows –
- NO WHINING ABOUT THE RULES
- USCF/USA Cycling rules apply except where modified here in.. If you are not familiar with these rules, here is a link to them https://www.usacycling.org/resources/rulebook
- Recumbents are allowed (2, 3 or 4 wheels)
- Recumbents and velomobiles must pass safety inspections designed for our unique bikes. See the safety document here
- Neutral SAG support is on the field, private vehicles are not allowed to support racers during the race.
- NO DRAFTING outside of the momentary draft overtaking another rider
- If you drop out of the enclosure, please feel free to enjoy the route and partake in the rally festivities .. caution should be taken to rejoin the enclosure and you may not be allowed to due to safety reasons
- RACE DIRECTOR DECISIONS ARE FINAL-SEE THE ABOVE RULE #1 IF YOU DON”T LIKE IT.